Quantum Physics


Dirac Equation for the Proton (III) -- Gyromagnetic Ratio

Authors: G. G. Nyambuya

The present reading is the third in series where we suggest a Dirac equation for the Proton. Despite its great success in explaining the physical world as we know it, in its bare form, not only is the Dirac equation at loss but fails to account e.g. for the following: (1) Why inside hadrons there are three, not four or five quarks; (2) Why quarks have fractional charges; (3) Why the gyromagnetic ratio of the Proton is not equal to two as the Dirac equation requires. In the present reading, we make an attempt to answer the third question of why the gyromagnetic ratio of the Proton is not equal to two as the Dirac equation requires. We show that from the internal logic of the proposed theory -- when taken to first order approximation, we are able to account for 55.7% [2.000000000] of the Proton's excess gyromagnetic ratio [3.585 694 710(50)]. The remaining 44.3% [1.585 694 710(50)] can be accounted as a second order effect that has to do with the Proton having a finite size.

Comments: 8 Pages. Work in Progress

Download: PDF

Submission history

[v1] 2016-11-13 03:23:12

Unique-IP document downloads: 61 times

Vixra.org is a pre-print repository rather than a journal. Articles hosted may not yet have been verified by peer-review and should be treated as preliminary. In particular, anything that appears to include financial or legal advice or proposed medical treatments should be treated with due caution. Vixra.org will not be responsible for any consequences of actions that result from any form of use of any documents on this website.

Add your own feedback and questions here:
You are equally welcome to be positive or negative about any paper but please be polite. If you are being critical you must mention at least one specific error, otherwise your comment will be deleted as unhelpful.

comments powered by Disqus