Physics of Biology
 viXra:0908.0022 [pdf]
replaced on 2014-09-26 04:54:44
Quantum Hardware of Living Matter
Authors: Matti Pitkänen
Comments: 490 Pages. Updating
This book represents a view about quantum hardware of living systems in TGD framework. Since the vision is bound to look highly speculative, it is good to emphasize that the most important predictions follow almost without any reference to the classical field equations using only quantum classical correspondence.
The new conceptual elements are the notion of many-sheeted space-time having fractal hierarchical structure, 4-D spin glass degeneracy of the preferred extremals of Kähler action providing huge information storage capacity, topological field quantization, the notion of magnetic/field body serving as intentional agent using biological body as sensory receptor and motor instrument, zero energy ontology leading to a new view about energy and about the relationship between experienced and geometric time, dark matter hierarchy realized in terms of book like structure of 8-D imbedding space with pages labeled by values of Planck constant, the assumption that the phase transitions changing the value of Planck constant provide a key control tool in living matter, and p-adic length scale hypothesis allowing quantitative grasp to the situation.
Category: Physics of Biology
- Three chapters of this book are devoted to the model of high $Tc$ super-conductivity relying strongly on the notions of quantum criticality and dark matter.
- Two chapters discuss quantum antenna hypothesis inspired by topological light rays (M(assless) E(xtremals)) and the notion of wormhole magnetic fields. Notice that the notion of wormhole magnetic field was introduced much before the hypothesis that bosons and also interaction fermions have a natural identification as wormhole contacts emerged. The recent view about quantum TGD suggests the interpretation wormhole magnetic fields as dark scaled up versions of elementary particles identified as Kähler magnetic flux tubes identified as pairs of magnetically charged wormhole contacts carrying at the second wormhole throat neutrino pair neutralizing the weak isospin of the fermion at the second wormhole throat. For ordinary value of Planck constant the length of is flux would be given by weak length scale. Therefore weak interactions in biological length scales are involved giving rise to large parity breaking effects. Also scaled up QCD is involved and implying hadron like states in biological length scales.
- Two chapters are devoted to the possible biological implications of the hypothesis that dark matter corresponds to macroscopic quantum phases characterized by a large value of Planck constant and is the key actor in living matter.
- A possible identification of quantum correlates of sensory qualia is discussed assuming that qualia are in one-one correspondence with the increments of quantum numbers in quantum jump. Also a simple model for sensory receptor is introduced. The recent view about cell membrane as almost vacuum extremal of Kähler action explains large parity breaking effects in living matter and also the peak frequencies of photoreceptors in retina. Also a model for the cell membrane as a kind of sensory homunculus with lipids identified as pixels of a sensory map representing basic qualia follows naturally. Furthermore, EEG photons and biophotons can be identified as decay products of same dark photons.
 viXra:0908.0021 [pdf]
replaced on 2014-09-26 04:49:02
Bio-Systems as Self-Organizing Quantum Systems
Authors: Matti Pitkänen
Comments: 869 Pages. Updating
The book describes basic quantum TGD in its recent form.
Category: Physics of Biology
- The properties of the preferred extremals of Kähler action are crucial for the construction and the discussion of known extremals is therefore included.
- General coordinate invariance and generalized super-conformal symmetries - the latter present only for 4-dimensional space-time surfaces and for 4-D Minkowski space - define the basic symmetries of quantum TGD.
- In zero energy ontology S-matrix is replaced with M-matrix and identified as time-like entanglement coefficients between positive and negative energy parts of zero energy states assignable to the past and future boundaries of 4-surfaces inside causal diamond defined as intersection of future and past directed light-cones. M-matrix is a product of diagonal density matrix and unitary S-matrix and there are reasons to believe that S-matrix is universal. Generalized Feynman rules based on the generalization of Feynman diagrams obtained by replacing lines with light-like 3-surfaces and vertices with 2-D surfaces at which the lines meet.
- A category theoretical formulation of quantum TGD is considered. Finite n measurement resolution realized in terms of a fractal hierarchy of causal diamonds inside causal diamonds leads to a stringy formulation of quantum TGD involving effective replacement of the 3-D light-like surface with a collection of braid strands representing the ends of strings. A formulation in terms of category theoretic concepts is proposed and leads to a hierarchy of algebras forming what is known as operads.
- Twistors emerge naturally in TGD framework and could allow the formulation of low energy limit of the theory in the approximation that particles are massless. The replacement of massless plane waves with states for which amplitudes are localized are light-rays is suggestive in twistor theoretic framework. Twistors could allow also a dual
representation of space-time surfaces in terms of surfaces of X×CP2, where X is 8-D twistor space or its 6-D projective variant. These surfaces would have dimension higher than four in non-perturbative phases meaning an analogy with branes. In full theory a massive particles must be included but represent a problem in approach based on standard twistors. The interpretation of massive particles in 4-D sense as massless particles in 8-D sense would resolve the problem and requires a generalization of twistor concept involving in essential manner the triality of vector and spinor representations of SO(7,1).
- In TGD Universe bosons are in well-defined sense bound states of fermion and anti-fermion. This leads to the notion of bosonic emergence meaning that the fundamental action is just Dirac action coupled to gauge potentials and bosonic action emerges as part of effective action as one functionally integrates over the spinor fields. This kind of
approach predicts the evolution of all coupling constants if one is able to fix the necessary UV cutoffs of mass and hyperbolic angle in loop integrations. The guess for the hyperbolic cutoff motivated by the geometric view about finite measurement resolution predicts coupling constant evolution which is consistent with that predicted by standard
model. The condition that all N-vertices defined by fermiomic loops vanish for N>3 when incoming particles are massless gives hopes of fixing completely the hyperbolic cutoff from fundamental principles.