The Universe has a flat geometry and its density is very close to critical density. However, the observed amount of matter accounts for only 5% of the critical density. The rest of the 95% is completely unknown to us which exists in the form of Dark Energy (68%) and Dark Matter (27%). We present an overview of how the very idea of the existence of Dark Matter emerged and some compelling evidences for the existence of such matter. Moreover, we also provide an insight on how scientific ideas have evolved from a static Universe to an expanding Universe and then to an accelerating Universe. In addition, we explain fundamental concepts related to Dark Energy and discuss briefly on the evidences of Dark Energy. We also discuss some alternative solutions to the problems of Dark Matter and Dark Energy provided by different scientists.
Comments: 20 Pages.
[v1] 2017-04-05 19:32:59
Unique-IP document downloads: 21 times
Add your own feedback and questions here:
You are equally welcome to be positive or negative about any paper but please be polite. If you are being critical you must mention at least one specific error, otherwise your comment will be deleted as unhelpful.