Digital Signal Processing

   

Stuttered Speech: An Acoustic Study

Authors: Virupakashipura Krishna Tara, Kempahanumiah Muniswamappa Ravi Kumar

The purpose of this study is to compare the duration characteristic of individual words and entire Passage in the speech of adults who stutter (S=10) recorded near the onset of their stuttering to those of controlled nonstuttering adults (C=10). Stuttered speech was identified in digital recordings of the clients read speech. The digitized signals were analyzed by means of Cool Edit Pro software. Using visual displays of sound spectrograms, the durations of individual words (including repeated words) in the passage and entire passage duration were analyzed. In this work 80% of data were used for training and remaining 20% for testing over all accuracy.

Comments: 8 Pages.

Download: PDF

Submission history

[v1] 2012-08-18 21:43:36

Unique-IP document downloads: 314 times

Vixra.org is a pre-print repository rather than a journal. Articles hosted may not yet have been verified by peer-review and should be treated as preliminary. In particular, anything that appears to include financial or legal advice or proposed medical treatments should be treated with due caution. Vixra.org will not be responsible for any consequences of actions that result from any form of use of any documents on this website.

Add your own feedback and questions here:
You are equally welcome to be positive or negative about any paper but please be polite. If you are being critical you must mention at least one specific error, otherwise your comment will be deleted as unhelpful.

comments powered by Disqus